Home » , » In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome diet.

In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome diet.


 
Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill was born on 30th Nov, 1874. Let me today discuss about the Artist Side of Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill

Sir Winston wrote about 20 books and various speeches and other papers. His first book was, "The Story of the Malakand Field Force," He was the winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature. Early in his writing career he was often mistaken for the American novelist whose name was also Winston Churchill. Churchill wrote to his American counterpart, and told him he was thereafter going to sign all his published works 'Winston Spencer Churchill' to avoid confusion. The two actually met in Boston in 1899 and became fast friends.

He was not only a great writer but also an amazing painter, speaker and influential person as a whole. He had published almost 600 paintings in his lifetime. Churchill spent much of his time between 1931 and 1935 at his home, Chartwell, in Kent. He was an enthusiastic amateur mason and built garden walls and a swimming pool during that period. >> Read More interesting facts of Winston Churchill
 
Famous Winston Churchill's quote on History

For my part, I consider that it will be found much better by all parties to leave the past to history, especially as I propose to write that history myself.

History is written by the victors.

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

History with its flickering lamp stumbles along the trail of the past, trying to reconstruct its scenes, to revive its echoes, and kindle with pale gleams the passion of former days. What is the worth of all this? The only guide to a man is his conscience; the only shield to his memory is the rectitude and sincerity of his actions. It is very imprudent to walk through life without this shield, because we are so often mocked by the failure of our hopes and the upsetting of our calculations; but with this shield, however the fates may play, we march always in the ranks of honor.

I do not suppose that at any moment of history has the agony of the world been so great or widespread. Tonight the sun goes down on more suffering than ever before in the world.

Study history, study history. In history lies all the secrets of statecraft.

The whole history of the world is summed up in the fact that, when nations are strong, they are not always just, and when they wish to be just, they are no longer strong.

Which one is your favourite quote? Do share with us via comments. If you like the article, do not forget to share it with your loved ones. I would like to close this article by saying "Get Inspired and be the Inspiration" Keep Visting & Keep Sharing.
 

 

Post a Comment

 
Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Guest Post
Copyright © 2014. Famous Great And All . All Rights Reserved.
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website | Powered by Blogger